Buckley Wand LTD. In this document, "we" or "us" refers to Buckley Wand LTD.
Our registered office is: 81 Westgate, Grantham. NG31 6LE.
This is a notice to tell you our policy about information that we collect and record about you, it covers both information that could identify you, and information that could not.
It is important to us to protect your privacy and confidentiality, we understand that all users of our web site are concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both specific and strict. It complies with UK law.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected.
Here is a list of the information we collect from you, either through our web site or because you give it to us in some other way, and why it is necessary to collect it:
1. The personal information we collect from you:
Full name and contact details (including your contact number, email and postal address).
Information relating to your identity, where we are required by law to collect this to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2017, and the Immigration Act.
Information on your close connections where we are required to conduct conflicts of interests under regulatory obligations.
Where we need to collect personal data by law (for example to meet our obligations to prevent fraud and money laundering) or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
2. How we use this information
To provide you with the services which you request.
For verifying your identity for security purposes and compliance.
For marketing our services and products.
To provide instructions, essential information to your solicitor, lender, mortgage advisor, specialist contractors, the buyer/seller of a property and other estate agents, solicitors in the sales chain in order to progress the sale/purchase of a property
Information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
3. Your domain name and e-mail address:
Your domain name and e-mail address are recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded, we shall not under any circumstances divulge your e-mail address or data to any person who is not an employee of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically.
This information is used:
- To correspond with you or deal with you as you expect.
- In a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site.
- To send you news about the services to which you have signed up.
4. Information you post on our website:
Information you send to us by posting to a forum or blog is stored on our servers. We do not specifically use of that information except to allow it to be read.
5. Website usage information:
6. Financial information relating only to your credit cards:
This information is never taken by us either through our website or otherwise.
7. Note on padlock symbols and other trust marks:
Many companies offer certification and an icon or other small graphic to prove to site visitors that the site is safe. Some certify to a high level of safety. We do not handle information about your credit card so do not subscribe to any such service. However, we suggest you assess this notice to judge that we do take your privacy seriously.
8.How and where do we store your data:
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described the following measures are taken with respect to the storage of personal data:
- Electronic copies of personal data are stored on a secure password protected server.
- Hardcopies of personal data, along with any electronic copies stored on physical, removable media are stored securely in a locked and alarmed building.
- Personal data will not be transferred to any device personally belonging to an employee.
We keep information which forms part of our business record for a minimum of six years or as long as is legally required for compliance. That is because we may need it in some way to support a claim or defence in court. That is also the period within which our tax collecting authorities may demand to know it.
9. Third party advertising:
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive through your web browser when you visit any web site. They are widely used to make web sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
- To allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
- To operate our content management system.
- To operate the online notification form - the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser.
- To enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- To collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- To record that a user has viewed a webcast. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
- To record your activity during a web cast. For example, as to whether you have asked a question or provided an opinion by ticking a box. This information is retained so that we can serve your information to you when you return to the site. This cookie will record an anonymous ID for each user, but it will not use the information for any other purpose. This cookie will last for a period of time after which it will delete automatically.
- To store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for a period of time after which it will delete automatically.
11. Sending us an e-mail:
When you send an e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in that message in order to obtain confirmation that you are entitled to receive the information and to provide to you the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business / organisation. We may keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name or email address. This information will not be passed on to any third parties.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and, if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
13. Third party content:
Our web site is a publishing medium (blog) in that anyone may register and then publish information about himself or some other person. We control what is posted. If you complain about any of the content on our web site, we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel it may be justified, we shall remove it while we investigate. Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgement as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content which offends you.
14. Job application and employment:
If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to three years in case we decide to contact you at a later date.
If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for six years before destroying or deleting it.
15. Content you provide to us:
If you provide information to us with a view to it being read (blog), copied, downloaded or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information. If it is available to the entire World, you have no control whatsoever as to how it is used.
16. Marketing information:
At your request and with your permission we pass your information onto our mortgage advisor and to solicitors and surveyors who you explicitly state you would like to contact you, we never pass any of your details to any other party without your clear instructions to do so and only that they may provide services or products to you which are required in the course of your business with us.
17. Disclosure to Government and their agencies:
We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
18. Review or update personally identifiable information:
At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you by contacting us at the address below. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
Buckley Wand Ltd, 81 Westgate, Grantham. NG31 6LE
19. Sale of your personal information:
Except as specified, we do not disclose any of your information to any person outside our business.
20. Data may be "processed" outside the UK
Our web sites are hosted in the EU. We also use outsourced services in countries outside the EU from time to time in other aspects of our business. Accordingly data obtained within the UK may be "processed" outside the UK and data obtained in any other country may be processed within or outside that country.
21. Removal of your information:
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our web site, you may contact us on email@example.com. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.